Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vancouver Marathon training week 6

This was a great week.  Look like I figured out that my ankle pain was being cause by a tight calf muscle.  After a really good day of stretching on Tuesday there was way less pain and it continues to get better.

Had a really good tempo run on Tuesday night.  So good that it left me a little sluggish on Wednesday night's run.

On Saturday I went to the Peak Centre for Human Performance in Vancouver.  I had a run assessment done.  I haven't had one since August 2009.  The run assessment measures your heart rate, speed, and blood lactate at a bunch of stages.  Basically they keep increasing the speed every 3 minutes until you quit.  It was a tough test and I was just about throwing up at the end.  It is still really fun to push yourself as hard as you can.  I should get the result mid next week.

Here is the log for the week:
Sun Jan 31: 16K LSD.  Sport Shape up workout
Mon Feb 1: 1.2K Barefoot on the treadmill.  Sport Shape up workout
Tue Feb 2: 5.7K Tempo
Wed Feb 3: 10K Tempo
Thu Feb 4: 8.9K Steady
Fri Feb 5: Rest
Sat Feb 6: 6K during run assessment

Total Mileage: 47.8K

No comments:

Post a Comment